ASEF through culture360.ASEF.org and Casa Asia are pleased to launch the open call for At Home/Being Home, an e-residency for young emerging artists from the performing arts, music, film and new media sectors. With this e-residency we continue to organise virtual capacity building initiatives in response to the impact of the global pandemic. The residency will consist of a capacity building component and a collaborative component. It will be held online for a period of 6 weeks and will offer an opportunity for capacity building, peer learning and collaboration. 4 participants from Spain and Asia will be selected through an open call and grouped in pairs. Each pair will work together with the support of a mentor, expert in this field, who will guide the two pairs of artists to develop their project.
About the Residency
- Selected artists will work in pairs. Each pair will be assigned a mentor and will collaborate online over a period of 6 weeks (15 September to 29 October 2021).
- Applicants are encouraged to apply in pairs. For individual applicants, the pairing will be done by the organisers.
- Each applicant/pair of applicants is/are required to respond to the theme as indicated in the call. Each applicant/pair will further define and propose a specific project based on the theme to be developed with the mentor.
- Each pair will work on a final output that could take the form of an online performance or work in progress, photo documentary, podcast, video documentary, amongst others. The final output of the residency will be published on culture360.ASEF.org and Casa Asia social media channels
- At the end of residency, each pair will take part in a webinar, podcast and/or video interview about the collaborative process as part of a wider sharing of their residency experience.
Fee: Each participant will receive a fee of SGD 750 for their participation in the residency to be used for the implementation of their project idea (e.g. research fee, purchase of materials or any other necessary service fee)
CHECK MORE ABOUT THE MENTOR, THEME CRITERIA, REQUIREMENT, ETC. AT THE LINK
READ MORE ABOUT PREVIOUS E-RESIDENCY (APRIL 2021) FOR EMERGING ARTS JOURNALISTS HERE